Friday, April 19, 2019

Final Reflection

This class gave me a lot of excitement and A LOT of dread. Every time Friday rolled around I would get onto my laptop around 10pm and finally start doing some assignments. Every time Monday rolled around, I remembered I had to take the cupcake like 15 minutes before the cupcake was due, and then I would later at around 11pm start doing my peer reviews. Was this the smartest way to complete this course? Of course not. If I knew then what I know now about completing this course, would I change my habits? Of course not. I really enjoyed some of the assignments though. You had us talk about my 3 favorite things to talk about: failure, pet peeves, and books. But then there were moments where I just didn't do an assignment, which was very sad. So there were both good and bad times.

My favorite experiences for this class was recording my elevator pitches. First off, I really like attention so any time I am in front of a camera, I flourish. Second of all: I feel like these assignments brought me closer to my roommates. There was something really funny about being in front of a camera in a full on suit (and underwear but thanks to my roommates none of you knew that). It was really a fun experience and I would not change any bit of it. I think I will remember the recordings that my friends made for me talking about my human capital. That was actually an assignment that made me tear up. I asked my sister for a recording, and what she said for me was sincerely one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.

As lame as this sounds, I believe in the 21st century, there will be a lot of entrepreneurs. Often, entrepreneurs are looked down upon because it isn't as secure of a job as a doctor or engineer. But with the change of technology, it is becoming more and more important to become an entrepreneur of sorts and I believe I will be trying my hardest to tap into this mindset.

For students taking this course in the future: Take it relatively seriously. A lot of my friends saw it as an easy-a course. And in a way, it is. In a way, it doesn't take that much brainpower to do a lot of the assignments. But a lot of my friends also put zero effort into each of their posts. I do not recommend this. I believe it is very important to reflect upon the things that you find to be important. The venture concept should be an interpretation of something that YOU find important. I picked something that I found important. It wasn't a traditional idea, but I ran with it and had a blast.

So yeah. It is a simple recommendation, but a genuine one.

Also I would tell them not to pay attention to the percentage because it is a point based course, but that is a different story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment