Friday, April 12, 2019

Exit Strategy

1. In the area of nonprofit, success of the nonprofit is often determined by whether or not it is self-sustaining. If everything goes right, I would be able to leave my venture and the people that I leave it to would be able to continue the venture as I would have wanted it. Not only will there be mentorship for the purposes of finding employment, there would be mentorship to help run the venture itself.

2. The reason I have selected this route is because, when you are creating a humanitarian nonprofit, you need to be able to understand that the problem will never completely go away. There will always be people who need to have a mentor and I believe that this is the proper way to move on. I need to be able to train people and keep this venture going. I don't need to sell it. I will simply move on to something.

3. This venture will always be necessary. But hopefully it will become less necessary in the future. Gainesville has an enormous income and equality gap. This will never completely go away, but it can shrink substantially. Mentorship is always necessary. There might be a point where the customer switches and the problems change. The problems will hopefully become less dramatic in the future, but one can only hope. But I believe if my venture goes on that there will at least be another group of kindhearted individuals who want to do good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patrick! I think it’s great that you realize nonprofits should be self sustainable! A lot of nonprofits come in with a sort of “Savior complex” and DO desire to help their target audience but in the end, do more hurt than they do help. This is because instead of making those people you’re trying to help independent, the services have made them dependent which leaves them in even worse condition. I agree that mentorship is always necessary because everyone needs people empowering them to be the best they can be.

    ReplyDelete