Friday, February 15, 2019

Idea Napkin no. 1

Piecing it all together



1. My name is Patrick Gilmartin. I am an averagely ambitious dude who is kind of good at a lot of things. I can juggle okay. I am a manager at a decent restaurant. I have some knowledge of things and I do things pretty regularly. I keep a calendar that I add to every now and then and when I die, I won't be remembered.
I want to help people. That is my main aspiration. I was born with a supporting family, went to school with good friends and teachers, and I just want to give back.

2. I will be offering my customer a mentoring program. This way they will be able to find stability.

3. My customers are people with less than I have. They are people who would like more in this world.

4. There is a whole lot to this world and many people aren't able to enjoy the beauty because they lack the necessary care whether it be attention to their mental needs, fiscal needs, or health needs.

5. I am nice.
Also, I am willing to commit my time to this. I want to dedicate as much time into this subject as I can and accomplish my civic duty.

One aspect of my business concept is that it is a nonprofit. Often nonprofits fail because although there are a lot of good people out there, people have to deal with not always making a big difference with substantial effort. It is also a very big problem that I am trying to solve and it will take more than just me to solve it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patrick! I read back on some of your other posts describing the wealth gap present in Florida, and especially within Gainesville! In that light, I am all for supporting mentorship programs but it does seem pretty vague. What age group are you mentoring? And what kind of stability are you wanting to provide? Stability in family, the home, their job, their education? There are a few ways to see this problem. Just curious, who are you planning to recruit since you yourself state that it will take more than just you to solve this issue?

    ReplyDelete